Monday, April 29, 2013

Chia & Oat Choc-A-Boat

Firstly I don't know where the name came from for this one... maybe its because I wanted to call this new breakfast a porridge, but couldn't decide if it should be a chia, oat, chocolate, banana or berry porridge! So I went for Chia and Oat Choc-A-Boat! Why not :P I found raw full oats, the real ones before they have been heated and rolled! I have to admit they take a while to soak (2 days changing the water twice a day) before they can be edible whole but I love the versatility of them.


Not only have I made a breakfast out of them but I use them like rice in salads and hope to turn them into a Raw Oat Brownie very soon!! For now here is a yummy breakfast I made...

Chia-Oat Choc-A-Boat

1/2 cup whole oats soaked 2 days in water
2 tablespoons Chia seeds
4 tablespoons water
1 frozen banana
1 tablespoon shredded coconut
1 tablespoon cacao powder
1 tablespoon raw protein powder (optional)
A handful of frozen berries (I used blueberries!)

Leave the oats, chia seeds and water to sit for about 15 minutes in a bowl so the chia become gel like, this can be left overnight to save time in the morning.

Combine all ingredients except the berries into a food processor and process for about 45 seconds until the mixture has a smooth porridge like consistency.

Add the berries on top and enjoy!! How easy is that :)

I also added some mesquite powder (yum!) and a few pepitas on top.

 
Rockin Raw
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment