Saturday, May 18, 2013

Doubly Nice Raw Passion Slice

Raw Choc-Oat Passion Slice

It had been a while since I became adventurous with raw foods but yesterday I was back into it and this time full steam ahead!
 

Having soaked whole oats for 3 days I didn't really have a big recipe in mind all I knew was I wanted to use oats as oppose to the usual walnuts and almonds used in other slices like brownies. As fresh whole dates can be expensive I also tried using sultana's, these worked well but I am still a believe that nothing beats dates in raw goods!

This recipe can be turned into so many different flavours, I found it hard to choose what to do so naturally in my excited raw stake, I combined some! The bottom layer is a mimic of my raw brownie recipe but with oats, sultanas and this time banana. I can't wait to try this by itself as raw banana and peanut butter slice! And the top? It could easily be a coconut and spirulina slice or even yummy truffles on their own, but being adventurous I added passion fruit pulp too! The combination may sound a little crazy and hard to describe, but I was satisfied with the taste of the combo, so much that I think this is my best (and most out there) raw food slice so far :)

Give the recipe a go and make one flavour, try another or make a combination! I know I will be getting adventurous again with these flavours soon!

Ingredients
1 cup whole oats soaked 2-3 days, rinsed and drained
2/3 cup sultanas (or dates)
½ cup shredded coconut
½ cup raw peanuts
¼ cup sunflower seeds
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 banana
1 tsp cinnamon

Bottom layer
1 tablespoon cacao powder

Top layer
½ teaspoon spirulina
¼ cup almonds
Pulp of 2-3 passion fruits (you can use pulp from a can if you don’t have real ones but real is better!)

Extra coconut and passion fruit for topping

Raw soaked whole oats :)
Method
Combine oats, coconut, peanuts, sunflower seeds, vanilla, cinnamon and banana in a food processor and process until the mixture clumps together (around a minute).


Divide the mixture in 2, for the first half add the cacao and process together, spread over a grease proof paper lined baking tray.



Add the second half of mixture to the food processor and add the spirulina, passionfruit and almonds and process until combined.

Spread the spirulina and passion fruit mix over the cacao base and sprinkle with coconut and extra passion fruit.


Place in the freezer and when set cut into small squares. Keep in the freezer as this can get soft if left out too long.


Tip for next time - try dehydrating the oats for a few hours OR the bottom layer before adding the spirulina layer on top. This will help it set firmer and may be kept longer out of the freezer :)

Enjoy a Doubly Nice Raw Passion Slice!

Rockin Raw
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment