Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Persimmon Pudding

I had never eaten a persimmon before, the other day I made my way to the wonderful Vasse markets just outside of Busselton and decided to try them. The next day I came across this Persimmon pudding recipe and thought it is meant to be!! The recipe is so simple to make and not knowing what to expect from a simple chia seed pudding and this new found fruit, I was surprised how much I loved this pudding!! Chia puddings are in my opinion one of the best foods on earth, so HEALTHY, so SIMPLE, VERSATILE and so intriguing how little seeds can form a nutritious gel!

I have previously made a banana pudding (yum!) or with cacao, but there are endless possibilities to what flavours you can make :) Try this one and see how amazing these puddings are yourself, they also make a great breakfast!
 

Persimmon Pudding

Ingredients
1.5 cups nut milk (Almond! You could use Rice, coconut or Oat milk)
2 ripe persimmons, peeled, stem side removed, cut into pieces
4 tablespoons chia seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch Himalayan salt
1 dash ground cinnamon

Methods/steps

Place chia seeds and milk in a bowl, stirring periodically until the liquid is absorbed.

Transfer to a high-speed blender


Add in vanilla, salt and persimmon

Blend, place in serving dishes, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!


I also topped mine with some coconut and a few blueberries :)
 

It was a perfect (and healthy!) desert for a Tuesday evening :) 
 
 
I hope you enjoy yours too ;)
 
Rockin Raw
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment