Sunday, September 15, 2013

Rainbow salads, Spring has Sprung!

With finally Spring here and the colours of flowers and plants start to catch your eye, I have realised my salad lunches (and my days!) have been becoming more colourful too... and I had to share a few with you!

This one is a very photogenic salad with grated beetroot, broccoli and carrot with spinach leaves, tomatoes and dukkah! (I LOVE dukkah) I also had some homemade dehydrated flax seed crackers... yum :D

 
It has been a beetroot, carrot and broccoli rainbow theme... add a scrambled egg with avocado and tahini on raw flaxseed crackers and you cannot go wrong!
 
 
Combining raw and cooked vegetables I am rather fond of cooked pumpkin and red onion! This one also has home grown fresh alfalfa sprouts with cauliflower, tomato and you guessed it raw flaxseed crackers ;) 


One of my favourites would have to be mango salad! Spinach, carrot, sunflower kernels, avocado and a delicious mango. The green/yellow dip at the top is a raw chickpea, lemon and spinach dip I made for extra flavour :)


Or add in some super kale with chopped mushrooms, beetroot, carrot, avocado and sundried tomato's!


Lunch is always better shared, and when your company is as bright as your salad you know you are having a bright day! So this spinach, chickpea, red onion, carrot and raw chickpea, lemon and spinach dip will always be remembered to me as my parrot salad :)


These are a few of my favourite lunch snaps but I hope it helps you to know how easy it is to create a colourful, healthy and fun lunch with a high raw and revitalising lifestyle! Hello Spring :)

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment