Friday, September 13, 2013

Raw Gingerbread Cookies

Hello Spring :) I don't know where the time has gone but I am so glad the sun is coming out and the days are becoming longer. I have had a good time experimenting with alkaline foods and salads as well as more raw foods and treats! At the same time I am getting into a new hobby - road cycling on Sundays :D there are beautiful roads and countryside to see especially in the South West WA. I love coming home after a good ride (45km now!!) to some delicious foods to nourish my body, protein pancakes are one of those goodies ;)

I have a few catch up recipes to post but I want to share with you these cookies I made from Lorna Jane and Rhi's Foodie bites....

Raw Gingerbread Cookies!


Makes 10-12 serves

1 cup desiccated coconut
1 ¼ cup macadamias
½ cup sunflower kernels
10 medjool dates
1 Tbs fresh ginger, grated
½ tsp. fresh turmeric, grated
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. coconut oil

Put macadamias, desiccated coconut and sunflower kernels into a food processor and blend until broken down into a crumb.

Add the rest of the ingredients, and blend again until well combined.

Grabbing a chunk of dough, roll it into a ball with your hands, and press it down, thinly, onto a lined baking tray or dehydrator rack.

Repeat for the rest of the dough.

Dehydrate the cookies in a dehydrator for 8-10 hours, or dehydrate in an oven at the lowest possible temperature for 12hours, or until the cookies are crisp. If you don't want to use the oven for that long you can always not have them raw and cook in a moderate oven for 10-15 minutes, they are have an awesome nutritional content to beat those sugar cravings!

I actually made about 20 small cookies and they were great snacks to beat those sugar cravings :) I found they were also great as a base to a raw cheesecakes, raw banana ice cream or if you don't want to go fully raw crumbled into some yoghurt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment