Thursday, January 9, 2014

Acai Bowl - My First One!!

Mum, Sarah and I had couldn't go without a little road trip over the festive season to the new Samudra café down in Dunsborough which has recently been renovated! Plus Sarah ad not been there before I we were keen to show her the amazing meals Samudra offer :)

The new café/restaurant is a lovely open area with the lovely wooden building, tree's, vegetable garden, old combo outside.. once you enter you feel a wave of relaxation and clarity just by stepping into the café. We arrived before midday when they were about the change from breakfast to lunch and decided we would try a degustation of their meals from breakfast to lunch which turned out to be the best decision to try more meals!!

Our first one was a breakfast Acai bowl... wow!!! It was our first acai bowl ever and it did not disappoint! I was marvelling at the colour but the taste and freshness was mouth watering :)


Next we had some 'starters' of spelt wood fired pizza with home made dips and fresh sea salt... again delish!!


Our 'lunch' meal was one we all wanted to try - a raw pad thai salad, it was so fresh and crisp with a tasty cashew, lime, chilli dressing, I can't wait to try make my own one of these :)


Needless to say when I got home the next day I could not go by without trying my own acai bowl using slightly different ingredients, this is what I used making enough for 2 people...

1 frozen banana
3/4 cup frozen blueberries
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp acai powder
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/4 avocado
1 tsp mesquite powder (optional)
2 tsp maple syrup (you can used honey)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup almond milk

Simply mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth!


























I topped mine with bee pollen, goji berries, blueberries and a sprinkle of coconut and it was delicious!
First acai bowl = success!! :D


Before we left we couldn't go without a chilli hot cacao (me) and shared a piece of raw white chocolate and strawberry cheesecake... ;)










 
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment