Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Part of Me - 8 Weeks in!

While I have been loving my new training program and my weights (especially when little changes start happening!) I find it hard to fit in as much cardio as I use to with the weights. Basically all I use to do was run, for 14 years! now after starting my weights training and having an injury preventing me from running, about 75% of my exercising is weights... I miss my cardio!! More so I miss my running... I miss the large part of me it was and inside still is.

Running to me is freedom, its a way to simply be me.
while any exercise or hobby is freedom and lets you be you, to me there is nothing better than letting your feet fly off the ground and having the sense of flying where nothing can touch you or pull you down, each moment in the air, you are freeeeeeeeeee.


I was given the OK to introduce running back into my life in April.... 1 week from now. But I have a confession to make, I ran the other day!! Well it was 100m of the slowest run in my running history being so sensitive to each step I took, then I stopped, walked and did another 100m. I didn't care if it was slow and awkward, I had a taste of that freedom I am addicted to and the world and I felt right again, even if only for a moment.

I have finished 8 weeks of my weights now and have slowly but surely increase the weights I have been using!! my hands are developing little 'warrior calluses' as I like to call them :) So for this week (week 9) I am having a different tune. It is important to mix up your workouts and surprise your body just as much as it is to rest. So I am doing a little of both, not doing the weights but treating myself to some group Les Mills classes such as pump, balance, rpm and having rides outdoors along the beach. But on Tuesday I am having another appraisal to develop another routine for the next 8 weeks (Yay!).

More Back muscles??
I am excited to change it up almost a much as I am to introduce running again... all limbs and digits crossed I can be injury free!! I had a wonderful Sunday at the gym with a 'Mega launch' including 4 tracks of Pump, 3 tracks of Step, 2 Body combat, 2 cx works and 4 of Body Balance... I loved it if not for the enthusiastic instructors dressed in pink with bunny ears for doing some step and combat again which I have not done for about 2 years!! Needless to say after the 2 hours I was pooped but so happy :)

At the Mega launch :)
So we will see what this week and the coming weeks bring, I am ready for a few changes, hopefully for the good if they work out and ready to take my fitness to new (and old!) levels :)

And I will leave you with a few happy snaps!

'Brewing' up some more alfalfa and wheat sprouts...


Making little 'egg cakes' and salad, they make me happy! :)


Rockin Raw
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment