Thursday, March 21, 2013

Greener than Green 'Pick me up' Smoothie

Some days are harder than others, and when you come home you need a pick me up or something to spoil yourself to remind you that harder days don't mean they must deprive you of things you enjoy whether great or small! So whipped up a 'Greener than Green' smoothie on account of putting in double the spinach leaves that I usually do topped with s nice dose of spirulina!


It was the first time I used Rice milk in a green smoothie as I usually just use water but I liked the softer and slightly more wholesome taste :)

What I used...

2 Handfuls spinach leaves (or mix with kale!)
1 tablespoon Chia seeds
1 small frozen banana
1 tablespoon shredded coconut
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons honey
1/2-1 teaspoon Spirulina
1/4 cup water
1 cup Rice Milk (or almond/any milk you have!)

Top: Frozen blueberries and coconut


Place in a blender (spinach leaves first) and blend on high for around 30 seconds, I like to use the pulse setting a few times to really mix it up!

 
Pulsing away...


Top with some fresh or frozen blueberries and some coconut (optional) and you have you delicious greener than green smoothie to pick up any day!
 

I would have added some protein powder but... I ran out! Still I like the idea of having a few days protein powder free as too much of one thing is never really a good thing, its nice to give the body a break.

It was a delicious end to a harder day! And I was ready to finish the day treated in a Green, healthy and fresh fashion... Oh Green and Clean how can I live without you?! Happy face :)

 
Rockin Raw
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment