Friday, February 1, 2013

Banana Protein Ice-cream - Raw!

I have head about raw banana ice cream and thought today is the day I make my own! With my raw protein powder I turned a simple healthy desert into post workout nutrition but this could easily be eaten for breakfast or desert... actually it is so good I would recommend any time of the day! I literally licked my bowl clean :) Don't worry if you don't have raw protein powder it still tastes great with any brand...


Banana Protein Ice-cream - Raw

1 large frozen banana (or use unfrozen and add a few ice blocks)
1/2 scoop 'Garden of Life Raw protein powder' or what ever brand you have

You could actually just blend the banana +/- the protein powder for banana ice cream! But experiment yourself and add some extra flavour, I added...

1 tablespoon shredded coconut
1 date pitted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
 
 
And blended them altogether for around 40 seconds until smooth and creamy then topped with frozen raspberries :) You could put it in the freezer instead of eating it right away and save it for later.

Other additions you could try are honey, cinnamon, cacao powder, maybe even try a green banana ice-cream with some spirulina and spinach or kale? Sounds good to me!!


Rockin Raw
Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment