Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Dehydrated Choc-banana protein chews – Raw!

Too often in the past 3 weeks have I found myself facing off a packet biscuit to fulfil a craving… this is a sign that a) I am not giving myself adequate long lasting nutrition, b) I need to build my mental capacity up to look away or c) I need to have better alternatives available to snack on!!

Deciding it is a combination of all three of the above I knew it was time to get the dehydrator going again, incorporate simple healthy changes into my new lifestyle and get back on track with my cravings! And in a quick 15min experimentation, into the dehydrator went some delicious Choc-banana protein chews!! Filled with a few favourites of mine (if you haven’t guessed by previous recipes :P) of raw protein powder, mashed banana, cacao powder, coconut and sunflower seeds!

 I have to admit they looked a little like baby poo’s when I first got them onto the dehydrator sheets but maybe I have been spending too much time around newborns lately :P So I sprinkled some coconut on top but regardless I am so excited by my new snack!


Dehydrated Choc-Banana protein chews – Raw!

3 mashed banana’s
1 scoop ‘Garden of Life’ raw protein powder
1 tablespoon shredded coconut
3 teaspoons cacao powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds

Methods
Mash the banana in a bowl, add the rest of the ingredient and mix until combined.


Line dehydrator trays with baking paper or paraflex dehydrator sheets and form mixture into thin bars of your desired length. I made 14 chews about 2cm wide and 7cm long and 0.5cm high. Place in dehydrator over night or for around 14 hours depending on how chewy you like them, the longer you leave them the crisper they get!


I can’t wait to experiment with some more flavours – these are so simple to make! If you don't have a dehydrator you can easily put these in the oven on 180 degree for half an hour to an hour, they will not be raw but still a perfect snack :)


I am storing these in the fridge :)

Rockin Raw
Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment