Friday, February 1, 2013

It Has Begun!! Body Building Here I Come :) - Chest and Triceps

It has come to the end of my first week in my new home in Busselton and I am in love with the year already... for practising medicine, extremely friendly and enthusiastic locals, feeling like a family with the local doctors already and having their amazing teaching and enthusiasm to teach us! Local beaches, cafe's and sites, it is an incredible atmosphere that really helps me know that my heart is in the country, both for study and life in general you can't beat it. You don't see the relationship all the doctors have with each other here in Perth, nor do you see doctors who you can really relate to and see surfing at the local beaches or riding an electric skateboard with the neighbour. And you can tell that no matter how demanding the medicine can get in the country, it is so very worth it :)

Apart from a wonderful introduction to my medical year of study here, I am excited to tell you that I have finally completed my first 'official' week of my weights program!! Celebrated with a few raw protein green smoothies ;)


I had an introduction to the local gym, got the best advice on form and technique I have ever been given and am ready to build and tone my body!! In all honesty I am a little sore at the moment but I love it :) While I have been getting up to go to the gym at 6am I like the flexibility the program gives me also, I no longer have to rely on making it to pump classes but can workout when I can, for example when starting at 7am on the wards I can go in the evening, or when on call I can go when I can!

So to give you a few ideas for weight workouts you would like to try or do I am going to post up each days workout. There are so many exercises you can do to work the same or similar muscles but these are the ones I am following for the next 6-8 weeks. At the moment I like doing these throughout the week and on the weekends doing some more cardio such as swimming or bike riding (RPM classes!!) but as I say it is flexible to how the week progresses so long as I do all 4 sessions in one week :)

Today I will give you my first session - Chest and Triceps
  • Flat Bench Press (large bar) - 3x15
  • Incline Dumbbell Press - 3x15

  • Fly's - 3x15

  • Push ups - 3x25 (on toes if can)
 
  •  Push downs (machine) - 3x15 
  •  Extensions - 3x15

  • Bench Dips - 3x15

I have 30-60 seconds between each set of 15 and move to the next exercise right away.

If you want to know more about these exercises or different ones or body building and toning your body in general have a look at this site!! BodyBuilding.com :)

And remember... the gym is only half the work!! What you eat and your meal preparation and balance is the ultimate decider on what body you can build :)

Rockin Raw
Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment