Sunday, January 27, 2013

Raw Protein Green Smoothie!

Kick starting my 2013 goals some more this morning i found myself joining the local gym in my new home town for the year! After a good pump class it was time to refuel with my own Raw Protein Green Smoothie complete by being made in my new Kenwood Blender! It was quite easy to make and apart from a few twigs of flavour here and there will be the foundation to my 'protein shakes' for my gym workouts... green smoothie style :)


Raw Protein Green Smoothie

1 Handful spinach leaves
1 banana
1 apple chopped and cored
1 Tablepsoon honey
2 Tablespoons Chia seeds
1 scoop Raw 'Garden of Life' Protein powder
2 cups water

Prepare ingredients and place in a blender, spinach leaves on the bottom to let them mix through!

     
Ready to blend!
The basics 

Blend for around 10-20 seconds until smooth :) I saved some for later in my mason jar...



 And enjoyed it now!!! The Garden of life raw protein is a chalkier consistency than other vegetable proteins such as pea protein but i quite like the taste :) Leave the green smoothie as i have done with half and you will be left with a much thicker consistency as a 'Green thick shake!' sounds good to me!



Rockin Raw
Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment