Saturday, January 12, 2013

Juice Cleanse Prep Day and Start

Well i am excited to say i have officially started my juice cleanse!!! It seems rather funny saying that with dad cooking away in the background sizzling a steak with seasoned roast vegetables as i sip away at my beetroot, celery, carrot, cucumber and apple juice... the first step is always the hardest, right? Well truth be told my excitement and love of fresh juices doesn't make it so hard... yet! This juice was not on my list to drink today but my mum kept me one from her daily juicing at lunch time so i am using it as an entree. I am a little worried about waking up in the night being hungry anyway so i think starting with 2 juices tonight a few hours apart will be good :) (as long as i don't need to get up to pee!!)

As per the recommendations i made sure i eased into the juices. I usually eat raw salads and whole foods anyway so this was not a problem for me, but for breakfast i had a green smoothie (see my previous post, the 'Peaping Berry' smoothie!) followed by tuna with fresh salad for lunch and a small gluten free fruit medley muffin i made yesterday (i will be posting this one too!) with an earl grey tea for an afternoon snack. I love my little muffin treats so this was to get me through the next few days :)

So Diary Time...Prep Day & The Start

Weight - 50.6kg
(Just to be clear i am only 155cm tall! :P) I am not wanting to lose any weight particularly as i have been trying to build muscle, but this is just for interests sake as other juicers have done.

How do i feel?
Excited, a little tired with a headache from a poor sleep last night and working today (there is only so much good food can fix over a good sleep!) and i don't feel hungry, although i am a little scared to go out and join my family for dinner to watch them eat. I will coordinate my juices with their meal time better tomorrow. PLUS my sister and mum join me in the morning for their own version of a cleanse with more raw foods and not just juices.

Daily Nutrition - Notice i am avoiding using the word daily 'food'!!
  • Breakfast - Peaping Berry smoothie
  • Lunch - Tuna and fresh salad
  • Afternoon snack - Fruit medley muffin and earl grey tea
  • Dinner - START!! Carrot, celery, beetroot, cucumber and apple juice
  • Supper - Apple, orange, lemon and celery juice (Yum!!)
I am use to the carrot and beetroot juice as mum makes it quite a lot, but trying a new flavour of apples, orange, lemon and celery was soooo refreshing and great! I used...

2 green apples chopped and cored (peel still on)
1 orange (chopped and peeled)
2 celery stalks
1/2 small lemon peeled and chopped

And the result... yummo!!


As some added inspiration and motivation, if you have not watched the documentary 'Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead' (you can watch it on You tube here) please do so!! If you are skeptical or not sure about juicing cleanse it will change your whole outlook on juices, the documentary is absolutely amazing as it follows 2 middle aged men in a health crisis who literally cure themselves and no longer need medications and lose many kilos off their overweight states through juicing. My sister and I watched it last night which helped her come to the decision to try the cleanse with me :)


Good bye toxins, hello micronutrients and health!!
Rockin Raw
Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment