Monday, January 14, 2013

Juice Cleanse Day 2!

I was wondering how i would go sleeping last night, would i wake up with hunger pains? would i not be able to sleep thinking about another day of juicing? will i get any bad side effects? Yet once again i had one of the longest sleeps i have had in a long time! I have to admit it was not a solid sleep and i woke up at 3am to use the bathroom after so much juice and hydration! But i realise how important it is to give your body more time to rest as it is healing itself. Some may argue that i am just tired because i am lethargic from a lack of substance in my stomach which is in part true, but the other part is my body is using the nutrients i am giving it to heal and detox itself which is best done while all other body processes close up for the night in our sleep, hence our body is loving the ability to rest and heal and i am learning to listen to my body and letting myself sleep more :)

But how can i prove it is not just lethargy from a lack of 'food'?? I had a slump yesterday, most people doing a juice detox do but around days 2-4 from past detox talk, mine was probably quite early because i eat lots of raw meals and salads to begin with so the detox process and side effects are less than others would have. And today i find myself amazed at how much energy i actually have just on juice and sleep!! I know it is important to rest while cleansing but because i was feeling good i joined my mum at a Body Pump class but strictly reduced my weights to have a light workout. Under the guidance of my mother as well i did have one of the smallest bananas i have ever seen beforehand and i made it through feeling better than i thought i would! Came home to sip away at another juice (i am not a big tomato juice fan but got through it!) and felt a little bouncy with some energy which surprised me. Lethargy from food? Nope! Body healing with juice energy? YES!!!


But then the afternoon slump hit again and i had to have a nap :P

Today's fruits and vegetable juicing consumption...
  • 1 apple
  • 2 oranges 
  • 2.5cm slice of pineapple
  • 2/3 cup raspberries (these didn't juice so well, i don't recommend juicing them!)
  • 4 carrots
  • 1/4 beetroot
  • 1/2 a cucumber 
  • 1 cup chopped cauliflower
  • 3/4 cup chopped broccoli 
  • 1 pear
  • 1 large tomato
  • 4 celery stalks
  • 1 large kale leaf 
  • handful of spinach leaves





Weight - 49.4kg

I am feeling a little more hungry now, i should have had another juice between juices today but didn't want to make more juicing dishes! The temptation to stop especially so i can go to the gym is great, i just wonder how long i can keep it up for... a big thank you once again to my sister who helped me resist my stomach and gave me a maca-chai herbal tea which settled my desire to give in... 24 more hours to go! 


Dinner time juice :)
Rockin Raw
Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment