Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Greenie Buzzie Bee Smoothie

After a good nights sleep to start the second day of 2013 i was craving a new green smoothie to further kick start the day. Green smoothies are so refreshing!


Greenie Buzzie Bee Smoothie

1 cup chopped watermelon
Handful of spinach leaves
1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts (or any kind!)
1/3 cup chopped cucumber
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1 tablespoon chia seeds
3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon spirulina powder
1 teaspoon coconut oil


Place in a blender and blend until combined! This serves two so i put some in the fridge in a mason jar for a mid-morning pick up :)


After having grown my alfalfa sprouts for 5 days they are ready for eating so i delicately put them in my blender and felt so self sustainable drinking some of my little sprouts, i like to think they gave me a little extra boost of vitality! So i called this one my Green Buzzing Bee... maybe next time i will also add a little honey ;)

My sprouts!
I also kick started my new year with a wonderful inspirational Lorna Jane diary... Move, Nourish and Believe, 2013 its my year :) 


Rockin Raw
Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment