Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Juice Cleanse Day 3!

It's the last day of my juice cleanse and my tummy feels ready for some food, maybe its because i made juice pulp blueberry muffins and i just want to try one! I woke up to another refreshing apple, orange, pineapple and cucumber juice (thank you neighbor for the lovely home grown cucumbers!) and again was feeling quite good bar a little stomach rumble. Actually still taking it easy and not doing nay exercise i felt like wonder woman in the morning!! I was up and about cleaning out boxes in my room and under my bed... would have known i was just having juice?? In the afternoon i started to reintroduce more substantial liquids by moving to a green smoothie with kale, banana, orange, chia seeds, bee pollen and water, and what amazed me that i wasn't expecting was how much my taste buds were working! I was tasting all the different flavours in the smoothie more than i had ever before and i loved it! They do say that while juicing you can reintroduce your taste buds to all different flavours of foods... it certainly makes it a great opportunity to introduce yourself to healthier options, i can imagine once you try them you wont want to go back to anything but fresh wholesome foods and really taste the difference between bland processed food!

Morning Juice :)
Weight - 48.8kg

Today juicing i consumed...
  • 2 apples
  • 1 orange
  • 2.5cm slice pineapple
  • 2 cucumbers
  • 1 beetroot
  • 2 carrots
  • 3 celery stalks
  • And in my green smoothie had banana, kale leaves, bee pollen, orange, chia seeds, water... and then i lose track of what else mum puts in :P 


So at 5pm my 72 hours or 3 days was complete, it was such a satisfied feeling. Now that i have done the 3 days i almost felt like i was only just starting to feel the good effects of the juicing now after my slump time, none the less i was excited to eat again and entered my food world again with some lovely fresh grapes and cherries followed by raspberries and i 'indulged' and tried one of my gluten free juice pulp and berry muffins! 



But the rewards are far greater than eating the food again, i aim to incorporate at least a juice or smoothie everyday into my life. the amount of nutrients you get in a very little amount actually consumed is overwhelming and you can really feel the increase in energy you get after your body adjusts to the micro-nutrients. While i decreased in weight about 1.5kg in 3 days, this is mostly from a lack of food in my digestive track, you would usually have to continue juicing for at least a week to get the full effects of weight loss and as many evidence shows juicing can assist people with chronic diseases and obesity issues and even decrease the your medications to the point where they are not needed! But in the short term, i have let my digestive system, organs and cells of my body rest and recover with an abundance of micro-nutrients to help fight toxins, disease and any nasties accumulated over my past 23 years. Like a car being serviced I have 'Rebooted' and serviced me!! Remember your body can only heal itself properly if given the correct 'tools' aka nutrients to do so.

I also had an appointment with the eye surgeons today and while waiting i was reading Lorna Jane's 'Move, Nourish, Believe' book and was so inspired to live my life to the fullest!! I certainly felt renewed and was so glad of my choice to try a juice cleanse and experience the benefits it can bring. And now i feel like i can make even more healthier changes to my diet as i realise how precious my health and well being is. This was a little challenge i brought upon myself to test how healthy i am determined to be and now revitalised i feel like i am ready for 2013 to be my best year yet.

Rockin Raw
Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment