Saturday, January 12, 2013

'Peaping Berry' Green Smoothie

Its D-day, i am easing into my juicing challenge and wanted to start the morning with a green smoothie. I had just come back from my last good bike session at the gym for the next few days as i enter a juice cleanse so while easing into the juicing with a smoothie i also wanted to have some protein so added some of my pea protein powder hence the name 'Peaping Berry' Green Smoothie!


Ingredients
1 tablespoon chia seeds soaked overnight in 1/2 cup water
2 inches of sliced cucumber
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 orange peeled and cut into slices
1 tablespoon pea protein (optional)
1/2 teaspoon mesquite powder (my new love!)
3 small kale leaves
Juice of half a lemon
1/2 cup water extra

Prepare ingredients and place in a blender.


Blend for around 30 seconds until combined.


Serve immediately and enjoy!!


Too easy, this recipe made me 2 glasses full and lasted me to lunch time at work :)


Rockin Raw
Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment