Monday, December 2, 2013

Hello Summer!

It is hard to believe it is almost the end of yet another year, even harder to believe the past month has gone in which I have sat my 5th year medicine exams regarded as the hardest exams of the whole 6 year degree... phew!!! The weeks of solid study with the examination period sweat and tears can only be described as sweet relief when the last page is turned and the last whistle of examinations sounds. Although so nervous for our 3 hour 16 station practical exam, I had an epiphany towards the end as although I was nervous I was actually starting to relax and enjoy the exams in the sense of how far I have come and how much I had learnt in the past year alone... when you start to enjoy your exams you know you are on the right path in life!!!

The only down side to exams is I sit and study all day.... minus my 2 hour daily break for the gym, bike ride or beach walk which keeps me sane!


But I admit, while some people do not eat when they are stressed, I am a sugar eater :( and my mind plays tug-o-war with large block of chocolate my mum gave me to get through the study as mentally I need it but physically I don't... and when it comes to study the mental side wins. At least while the treats rolled in my main meals stayed healthy and I even had the odd meal to try something new :) I apologize for not writing my recipes here but I had to pull the line when it came to exams ;) But that is what summer is for!! December has come, our lovely decorated Christmas tree is now up, shopping is in full swing and I am rejuvenating myself and my blog trialing recipes and working on my fitness :)

So my last post was 19th of October... 19TH OF OCTOBER!!! Wow where do I start! Throughout October before exams I was building up my strength for what is regarded as one of the toughest events in the world... Tough mudder :) This will have it own post but it was so much fun both mentally and physically challenging with some of the best sportsmanship you will see.

I also competed in my first fun run in 18 months and while it felt so good to run again (and I even came 6th in the 5km with an alright time!) My injury prone feet did not agree with running again and I was left disheartened whether I will ever get back into running! But where there is a will there is a way :)


And the recipes and 'cooking' continued from Paleo muffins (engulfed by my tough mudder group!) to raw ice cream and new salads and I will share the good ones with you here in the next few days. I think it's also time to reevaluate some fitness and health goals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment