Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Homemade Hummus

When one is studying, one needs good snack food available. With some chickpeas in my cupboard I excitedly turned them into a delicious homemade hummus which became a delicious snack AND lunch with carrot and egg salads, I was hooked :) Dips can actually be so easy to make! After a quick look I had all the right ingredients I needed and this was made in no time...



Homemade Hummus

600g rinsed chickpeas (about 1 can)
1tsp ground cumin
2Tbsp tahini
100ml Olive oil
3 cloves garlic crushed
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup water

Mix the rinsed chickpeas, ground cumin, tahini, Olive oil, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the water and blend again until combined.

And your hummus is ready!!

I love sprinkling sesame seeds on top, this is great with carrot, celery, crackers... or by the spoon ;) Hummus is a great source of protein especially for vegetarians and has been known to help lower cholesterol in the blood and has omega-3 fatty acids great for the health of your heart and joints!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment