Friday, December 13, 2013

Raw Choc-Banana & Coconut Trifle

Raw Ice cream has got to be one of my favourites. First because it is healthy, second it is so easy to make!! Third it taste delicious and fourth it is just as versatile as any other ice cream and can be turned into many deserts or simply eaten on its own :) So while my parents were out for some late night shopping I had a flare of creativity (which seems to be as far as my creative gene goes :P) and with my pre made coconut yoghurt created some Raw Chocolate, Banana, Coconut and Raspberry Trifles!!


The layers you see here are raw chocolate ice cream, chopped fresh banana, homemade coconut yoghurt (see previous post for recipe) some raspberries then repeated layers :)

Raw Chocolate ice cream is so easy make! you will need...

2 frozen bananas
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp cacao powder

Process these ingredients until smooth :) This can be made without the cashews if you do not have any.


My family quite enjoyed them and even my sisters boyfriend who is a chef (and never heard of raw ice cream before) gave me a 9.5/10... Master-chef worthy? ;) Maybe these will be featuring at our Christmas Day family lunch! You could layer these in any way you like, maybe even omit the cacao and have vanilla ice cream or make it strawberry or blueberry flavoured... the choice and possibilities are endless, I can't wait to make some more raw ice cream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment