Thursday, October 3, 2013

Paleo Banana Cereal and Paleo Meals Day 3 & 4

Wow I can't believe I am 4 days into Paleo already!! Truth is I am loving it!! I may not be able to experiment with foods as much soon as exams loom closer but for now I am enjoying the challenge of creating and trying new recipes which are healthy, clean, some raw, some cooked and at the moment, Paleo!! But to be honest most foods I am eating for Paleo I would eat anyway, the only difference is I am creating different dairy options for yoghurt and making conscious decisions to reduce refined grains and cereals (which I don't eat so much anyway!) maybe I was meant to be paleo :P Anyway here is a little insight into more Paleo meals...

I made a Paleo Banana Cereal yesterday in a way I hadn't made before and in the oven put some chopped banana which became sort of a creamy caramelised texture, pepitas, walnuts and shredded coconut (really good when baked!)

Cereal in the oven :)
 I then mixed this with blueberries...
 
Added some raw strawberry & cashew yoghurt, cinnamon and a little cashew milk and it was ready to go!

 
My lunches are usually salads, I felt a little creative and made a 'soup salad' with left over fennel and pear soup over fresh kale, mushrooms, avocado and topped with tumeric and raw flaxseed crackers, it was very tasty! I may use soups for dressings more often :)

 
And dinner was one of my favourite... Salmon :) Again with Kale, tomatoes, parsnip, asparagus and mushrooms...


Today I made some great Sweet potato pancakes (this has its own post!!) satisfying my pancake craving yet again. And following a similar theme a tuna salad for lunch with kale, red cabbage, mushrooms and avocado...

Sweet Potato pancakes :)
Tuna & Cabbage salad :)



And dinner, it had been a while since I had the lean meat of kangaroo so made herb and lemon roasted kangaroo with kale, asparagus, parsnip (one of my favourite vegetables along with sweet potato!) and tomatoes :)
 


I hope I am helping you realise how simple and tasty healthy meals can be! Even the pancakes are quite easy and the salads I basically put together with whatever I have in the fridge. Dinners may take 20min to cook but really for a dinner that is almost of quick as Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals! Well Jamie could probably make these in 5 minutes but that is a different story :P

Let's see what the next few days of Paleo bring! :)

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment