Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Paleo Banana-Cranberry Pancakes and Paleo Day 2 :)

Pancakes.

Doesn't that word just make your mouth water?? Maybe I am a pancakes fanatic but I am yet to find someone who does not lift up at even the mention of that word! So for breakfast day 2 you can guess what I had for breakfast ;)

After looking over a few recipes I invented one of my own with what ingredients I had and they turned out pretty good! but how can you go wrong with pancakes I am not sure as long as it is cooked in a pan and resembles a cake :P Inspired by my latest Samudra pancakes I made a quick chocolate-coconut sauce to go on top with cranberries and coconut, yum!

Paleo Banana & Cranberry Pancakes

(Serves 1)

1 egg lightly beaten
1/2 banana mashed
2 Tbsp Almond meal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp organic maple syrup or agave (if you have it - I didn't)

Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.

Add to a pan heated with a little olive or coconut oil as 1 or 2 pancakes.

Cook until browned around 2-3 minutes (the pancakes will bubbles on top) and flip cooking the other side.

Transfer to a plate. I topped mine with 1tsp of cacao powder, 1/2 tsp cinnamon with 1tsp coconut oil and 2 tsp boiling water mixed to make a chocolate sauce topped with dried cranberries and coconut!


You can top these with anything you like, berries are wonderful :)

Bliss!

For lunch I made a large salad with mushroom, tomato, avocado and roasted asparagus and tuna on a bed of kale - yum!


And dinner was Fennel and Pear soup as the night before, so nice on these colder days :)


xox

No comments:

Post a Comment