Thursday, October 3, 2013

Sweet Potato Paleo Pancakes

I have realised I have an addiction to making different flavoured, clean and healthy pancakes! I fell in love with sweet potato pancakes today, a hint of nutmeg in them makes a lovely boost of flavour and these are quite simple to make! I loved having them for breakfast with raw Strawberry-cashew yoghurt topped with banana, coconut and home made chocolate cacao sauce... I didn't want them to end! Good thing I went for a long run beforehand, but you know what I didn't even feel guilty after eating these pancakes because they are actually healthy for you!! No sugar, no butter, no gluten, an extra dose of vegetables... sound too good to be true? Trust me, its not ;)

You can add some extra protein to these by adding 1/2 a scoop of protein powder too!

Sweet Potato Paleo Pancakes


Ingredients:

1/2-1 cup cooked sweet potato
1 egg lightly beaten
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (completely optional)

Method:
Mash potato really well & then combine all other ingredients- ensure its mixed through thoroughly.


Sweet potato

Add egg and other ingredients
Over medium heat, with a little olive oil or coconut oil, cook pancakes for around 2 minutes to desired brownness and flip! They will start to bubble when they first brown :)


Serve with any topping you fancy whether it is more of a sweet banana and berries or more savoury avocado and salmon (drool), the options are entirely up to you and how you feel each day :)



Enjoy!!
I also made these with pumpkin instead of sweet potato and added protein powder and a little cinnamon as well topped with avocado and coconut oil, SOOOOO good! :)

Pumpkin Protein Pancakes

Also great with some organic maple syrup drizzled on top!

I wonder how many more pancake creations I can come up with before I run out of ideas... ;)

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment