Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A New Beginning - Day 1 Week 1 - My Appraisal!

Well after a weeks delay due to a storm and an instructor having minor surgery (he is all good :)) i finally had my gym appraisal!!! I didn't really know what to expect but i was asked my goals... to increase my body strength! What followed was around 45 minutes of being shown the gym equipment and what to do. My ultimate plan will see me do 5 days a week of weight work with each day focusing on a different area - my chest, back, shoulders, abs and glutes/legs with my own cardio incorporated into it when i can or 20 minutes after the weights sessions. BUT to start with i am to follow a week of a whole body 'intro' if you like, where i work the major muscles of my body each day! It was quite fun using the machines and i came to realise that while i feel strong with lighter weights in pump classes and CXWORX class, when it comes to the big weights with short repetitions... it hurts! But this is the point, this is what i want and what i need to get stronger! Even the repetitions of the ab work on the fit-ball was a killer reminding me that my strength although it has come far has a long way in which it can still go with the right training and determination. Here is my program for the week...


I only did 2 sets as we went through each move today but that still hurt! Lets hope i can make the 3 :P I can do pump and CX classes while i do this (if i can) but when the individual day work comes i should just stick to my program. 

On a different note i met a man at the gym who really encouraged me last night, he gave me such praise on my determination at the pump class to lift heavier weights and congratulated me on how i was doing! His daughter use to be an inspiration to me when she was at the gym as well and to have the praise from him lifted me up so much, we all need encouragement to keep us going and on track and to help us believe our goals are possible and achievable, all we need to do is put in the work! So thank you kind man for your encouragement, your words will inspire me to leap into my new body challenge and be stronger than ever before.

Believe.


And so it begins, my mission to get stronger, leaner and build a fitter body has taken a new beginning today. I don't want to lose my determination and motivation to build this body and i wont! With a few photo shots with my sister, here is me day 1 week 1...

Back
Front!
There are triceps in there somewhere...
Not too much bicep... yet ;)
Watch me grow!!
I will keep you updated on the program for this week and the one to come after (just in time for Christmas!) Bring it on :)

Rockin Raw
Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment